Finally! its here. DMBLGiT is relaunching this month.
DMBLGiT – short for Does My Blog Look Good in This, is a community run food photography contest that was established in 2005 – 10 years ago. In 2014, LFP “acquired” this food photography contest from Andrew who was running this contest for several years.
This is one of its kind contest that is hosted by different food bloggers every month and is judged by outstanding food photographers who love DMBLGiT.
This February we are bringing DMBLGiT back to life. In February, LFP will be hosting the contest. Yes! There are hosting spots open for next few months.. details below.
Who wins this? How are winning photos selected? Learn these details below.
How to Win This – Judging Criteria
Photographs are reviewed by a panel of judges, who score them in three categories: edibility, aesthetics, and originality. The host then compiles the scores to determine the winners. The specific things the judges will be looking for are as follows:
– Aesthetics: composition, food styling, lighting, focus, etc.
– Edibility: “does the photo make us want to dive in and eat the food?”
– Originality: the photograph that catches our attention and makes us want to say “wow!”, displaying something we might not have seen before.
– Overall Winner: top overall scores in all three categories combined.
There are three overall winners for photographs with the highest point totals in all three categories combined, and one winner in each of the three individual categories.
This how we select the winners and you can participate and improve your food photography.
So.. ready to participate? To participate simply email us your best photograph you took in Dec or Jan using the submission instructions below.
How to Participate – Photo Submission Requirements
- Send your photos at an attachment to dmblgit[at]learnfoodphotography[dot]com with Subject “DMBLGiT Feb 2015”
- Include this information in your photo submission
- Your full name
- Your blog name and URL
- Title of your photograph
- URL to blogpost where submitted photo is posted
- Agreement from you agreeing to let us display your photo on host website, learnfoodphotography.com and DMBLGiT contest gallery. We won’t use your photo for any other purpose outside DMBLGiT.
- Important: File format needs to be jpeg format and longest size should be no longer than 500 pixels. This means for horizontal or landscape format max 500 px width and for vertical or portrait format max 500 px height.
- Photo must not have any text.
General DMBLGiT Contest Rules
- Only one entry per person. One photograph. No diptychs.
- This photo should be taken and posted in the month of Dec 2014 or Jan 2015.
- This goes without saying but I will say it anyway – you must have taken this photograph and should have copyrights to this photo.
- Entries must be received by Feb 20th at midnight C.S.T (Chicago time) using all requirements described in the photo requirements section.
Hosting Spots Are Open
We are looking for Hosts for March 2015 onwards. If you would like to host this contest, go to the link below for details.
Click Here -> Hosting Details