We re-launched DMBLGiT in February 2015… just about an year ago.
At least twice a year, LFP hosts DMBLGiT contest to put all our energy in this contest. In these months, we try something different and run secret and sometimes not so secret experiments. This is one of those months. And this month, we are again experimenting with something.
What is the experiment? Well, you’ll have to wait to find that out later.
How to Win This – Judging Criteria
Photographs are reviewed by a panel of judges, who score them in three categories: edibility, aesthetics, and originality. The host then compiles the scores to determine the winners. The specific things the judges will be looking for are as follows:
– Aesthetics: composition, food styling, lighting, focus, etc.
– Edibility: “does the photo make us want to dive in and eat the food?”
– Originality: the photograph that catches our attention and makes us want to say “wow!”, displaying something we might not have seen before.
– Overall Winner: top overall scores in all three categories combined.
There are three overall winners for photographs with the highest point totals in all three categories combined, and one winner in each of the three individual categories.
This how we select the winners and you can participate and improve your food photography.
So.. ready to participate? To participate simply email us your best photograph you took in December 2015 using the submission instructions below.
How to Participate – Photo Submission Requirements
- Send your photos at an attachment to dmblgit[at]learnfoodphotography[dot]com with Subject “DMBLGiT Jan 2016″
- Include this information in your photo submission
- Your full name
- Your blog name and URL
- Title of your photograph
- URL to blogpost where submitted photo is posted
- Agreement from you agreeing to let us display your photo on host website, learnfoodphotography.com and DMBLGiT contest gallery. We won’t use your photo for any other purpose outside DMBLGiT.
- Important: File format needs to be jpeg format and longest size should be no longer than 500 pixels. This means for horizontal or landscape format max 500 px width and for vertical or portrait format max 500 px height.
- Photo must not have any text.
General DMBLGiT Contest Rules
- Only one entry per person. One photograph. No diptychs.
- This photo should be taken and posted in the month of Dec 2015.
- This goes without saying but I will say it anyway – you must have taken this photograph and should have copyrights to this photo.
- Entries must be received by Jan 29th at midnight C.S.T (Chicago time) using all requirements described in the photo requirements section.
This is it! If you have any questions email me firstname.lastname@example.org
Help the contest get the word out. Share this post on social media sites and with your fellow food bloggers.