Want to improve your food photography? Read quick. 29 tips to improve your food photography.
29 Quick Tips to Improve Your Food Photography
- Read Your Camera Manual.
- Understand Your Camera.
- Understand Your Subject too.
- Answer this “What do I want to show in the picture?
- Use White Plates.
- Use White Background.
- Remove Distraction from Background.
- Move closer to the food.
- Adjust White Balance before you shoot.
- Use White card to set your white balance.
- Or try a gray card.
- Learn about Composition.
- Ingrain the rules of thirds.
- Plan for no shadows on the food you shoot.
- Use props in the background.
- Assemble yourself, before assembling the food.
- Use natural light as much as you can.
- No direct flash.
- And no direct sunlight.
- Focus properly. Focus manipulation in post processing is next to impossible.
- Move around or move the food. Take multiple shots.
- Try vertical frame.
- Use tripod.
- Use reflectors.
- Or use a small mirror.
- Take your next photograph as top view.
- Also, try at 45 degree angle.
- Inspire yourself.
- Learn food styling.
Add Your Tip
In the comments section please.